[16days_discussion] (Event) Washington, DC

Jo tgifeminist at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 14:45:45 EDT 2009

Hello all,
If you live in the Washington, DC region, please come to our event to discuss violence against women, in particular femicide, in Guatemala (where over 5,000 women & girls have been brutally murdered since 2000) with the Guatemala Human Rights Commission. Here is our announcement...
Best, Joanie

The Guatemala Human Rights Commission (GHRC) cordially invites you to attend a

Wine & Cheese Reception followed by a Report on Femicide in Guatemala,
one year after the passage of the anti-femicide law.

Presentation of the Femicide Law Report
by author Christina Hayes, with introductory remarks by GHRC Director Amanda Martin

Tuesday, May 12, 2009
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
~~~
Stewart Mott House
122 Maryland Ave., NE
Washington, DC
(by Union Station metro)

Suggested Donation: $20.00/$10.00 for Students
Proceeds to benefit GHRC’s “For Women’s Right to Live” program

Please RSVP by Friday, May 8 to Joan Dawson at joan_dawson at ymail.com