[16days_discussion] [WorkingWithBoysandMen] Fw: Fwd: SOCIAL NETWORK: The Italian DPA decided to draft this short guidance to help those planning to sign up to a social network a [1 Attachment]

Ravi Karkara rkarkara at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 11:57:32 EDT 2009

SOCIAL NETWORK: WATCH OUT FOR SIDE EFFECTS

Facebook, MySpace & Co. A lively debate is in progress between those who extol the unique communication chances provided by social networks and those who only see the risks to surfers’ private life and rights.

The Italian DPA decided to draft this short guidance to help those planning to sign up to a social network and those who have already joined a social network to use this new tool knowledgeably. It is not meant to cover all issues; it is more a quick guide that can be used both by newbies and by experts.

We wish to provide food for thought, but mostly a few pieces of advice to ensure that one of the most valuable goods we have – our identity and our personal data – can be protected also in the “virtual world”.