[16days_discussion] [WorkingWithBoysandMen] Fw: WPP Africa Desk is
looking for a Program Officer
rkarkara at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 08:46:01 EST 2009
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jose de Vries <j.devries at ifor..org>
To: WANEP <wanep at wanep.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2009 7:09:54 AM
Subject: WPP Africa Desk is looking for a Program Officer
WPP’s Africa Regional Desk is currently looking for a Program Office r.
Please note the following:
- Application deadline: FRIDAY 16th January 2009
- For more information, please send an email to wanep at wanep.org (address in this email)
- The applicant can be a citizen of any (African) country but should already be resident in Ghana since there is no provision in the budget for recruiting expatriates.
Since some experience problems with attachments, I have posted the job advertisement in this email below.
José de Vries
WPP Information Office r
JOB TITLE: Program Office r – IFOR’s Women Peacemakers Program Africa Desk
LOCATION: WANEP in Accra , Ghana , West Africa
Scope of Work:
The Program Office r will work closely with the Africa Desk Coordinator and assist with coordinating projects in all regions in Africa , empowering African women peacemakers through gender-sensitive active nonviolence peace building.
Required minimum qualifications & experience:
* A First Degree in humanities, social sciences, development studies, women studies, peace studies or equivalent.
* Must have 3 years work experience or more working in a similar position or higher
* Experience in networking and advocacy, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
* Strong skills in written and spoken French and English.
* Significant experience living and working in Africa
¨ Assistin the programdesign process to establish credible and high quality programs by conducting needs assessments, writingproposals, Marketing, monitoring and valuation.
¨ Develop and maintain data base of women peacemakers in all regions of Africa for outreach initiatives.
¨ Assist in the creation and compilation and review of the program's reports.
¨ Play a liaisonrole of Initiating and maintaining active effective communicationwith the networks and other stakeholders
¨ Assist with the administration and management of the Desk.
¨ Assist in translations from English to French or vise versa where necessary
Qualities and competencies:
* Knowledge of and commitment to IFOR’s mission and mandate
* Strong knowledge of women’s rights, UN Resolution 1325, non-violent strategies
* Knowledge of gender, peacebuilding, non-violence strategies and international human rights
* Knowledge of participatory approaches and methodologies
* Computer literate: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point
* Ability and willingness to travel
* Demonstrated flexibility and ability to manage change.
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to work in multi-cultural settings
* Ability to understand, conceptualize and critically analyze complex issues in the field
Qualified and interested applicants should send application letters with copies of curriculum vitae to:- wanep at wanep.org by the close of work on FRIDAY 16th January 2009.
*****Please note only successful applicants will be contacted
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 16days_discussion