[16days_discussion] Thank You to all 16 Days Participants!

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Thu Jan 8 10:31:02 EST 2009

cwgllogo
16days
January 8, 2009
Dear Friends,

As 2009 begins, the Center for Women's Global Leadership (CWGL) wishes
to thank everyone who participated in the 2008 16 Days of Activism
Campaign for their dedication to working for an end to violence against
women in all of its forms. Over the past 18 years, the 16 Days Campaign
has become a powerful vehicle for raising awareness about violence
against women and has provided thousands of civil society organizations
with an internationally recognized space to place demands on
individuals, communities, governments, and the United Nations to change
behaviors and create new policies. The 16 Days Campaign has truly taken
on a life of its own, and its success would not be possible without the
commitment, energy, and courage of so many organizations and activists,
such as yourself.

This year, CWGL heard from hundreds of organizations about their plans
for the 16 Days Campaign. If you have not yet had a chance to report
back to us about your activities, please do send us the information so
that we can include it in the website and campaign archives. CWGL would
also be pleased to receive other materials, including posters, flyers,
photographs, t-shirts, video footage, poems, songs, and statements for
the campaign archives. To see some of the photographs of this year's 16
Days Campaign from around the world, please visit our Flickr page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18578511@N04/

In the next day or two, I will be sending out a survey about this year's
campaign in an effort to help CWGL evaluate the 16 Days and begin to
plan for next year. I hope you will take the time to respond, as your
feedback is very important and valuable.

I look forward to hearing more about your continued work on Violence
Against Women and to working with you on planning for next year's campaign!

Best wishes for 2009!
Keely Swan (Project Coordinator) & The CWGL Staff

--
The CWGL Staff
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu