[16days_discussion] [WorkingWithBoysandMen] Fw: Launch of One Stop Shop for Regional GBV Prevention Information

Ravi Karkara rkarkara at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 10:08:32 EST 2008

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: GBV Prevention Network <info at preventgbvafrica.org>
To: rkarkara at yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, 11 December, 2008 2:29:24 AM
Subject: Launch of One Stop Shop for Regional GBV Prevention Information

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

Welcome to the December 2008 GBV Prevention Network Updates!

GBV Prevention Network Website Recreated!

Looking for an online library with the most current GBV prevention information from the Horn, East and Southern Africa? Have an experience you want to share? An innovative program approach? A story? Want to engage in lively discussions and debates about GBV prevention work in the region? Log onto the GBV Prevention Network website for a whole new experience. Find details here
Thank you for a great year!
This year the Network has conducted various activities that have been highlighted on the new website. We thank all members for their commitment, and urge you to use the interactive features of the new website for an even more dynamic Network. Let us post our resources on the website, share our experiences, participate in the lively debates and access current information from the site.
HolidayBreak at the Network
Please note that the Network Coordination Office will be closed over the holidays. You’ll hear from us again in February. Enjoy the holiday, we wish you a happy new year!

Satellite Meeting Held after the AWIDForum

After four days of discussing the power of movements in relation to women’s rights at AWID, Network members activists and practitioners met from the 18th to 19th November 2008 to plan for the strengthening of a politicized, feminist GBV prevention movement in the region. Strategies and actions were discussed and will be shared in the meeting report. View the meeting schedule here
Perspectives of Prevention Newsletter Out

The ninth issue of the Network newsletter is out. In line with the 16 Days of Activism against Violence against Women’s regional theme, this issue focuses on working with communities to prevent sexual violence. Highlighted are members innovative community based interventions to address sexual violence. Download a copy of the newsletter  here
What's New!
Enlisting Men for Women’s Equality,
April 2006, SonkeGender Justice Network

This brief provides an insight into the importance of working with men to

promote gender equality prevent violence against women and reduce HIV infection
rates.View document here

Literature Review on Men, Gender, Health and HIV in SouthAfrica,
August 2008, Sonke Gender Justice Network

An analysis of literature and studies conducted in South Africa on Men, Gender, Health and HIV and AIDS. View document here

The Men’s Petition against Defilement, August 2008,Zambia National Women’s Lobby: Men’s Network ProjectAdvocacy
Report

A petition presented to the Zambian parliament, during the 16 days of activism campaignperiod, to have defilement crime legislated as a non-bailable offence. View
document here

GBV Prevention Network
Plot 16 Tufnell Dr., Kamwokya
P.O. Box 6770, Kampala, Uganda
 Phone: (+256) 41 531186
Tel/Fax: (+256) 41 531246
www.preventgbvafrica.org
inquiries at preventgbvafrica.org

This email was sent to rkarkara at yahoo.com. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove®.