[16days_discussion] Women'sNet South Africa Activities: Girls Against Violence

Nalini Visvanathan alamel10 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 06:33:27 EST 2007

Thank you.  Your website was a compendium of solid information.  Congratulations on what you have accomplished and your plans for the campaign.

  Nalini

jashodhara dasgupta <jashodhara at sahayogindia.org> wrote:
      The 41-district campaign in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh on the Indian law to protect women from domestic violence (PWDVA 2005) started with a Press Conference on 23 Nov and a radio talk show on 24 Nov and a play and reading of feminist poetry on 25 Nov at Lucknow, the state cpaital. Apart from this there were press briefings, community meetings and signature campaigns across the state: r ead latest updates and details at www.dvactupcampaign2007.blogspot.com - and do forward this mail to friends and colleagues!

  Organizations and networks from 41 districts of Uttar Pradesh are coming together to campaign on the Domestic Violence Act from 23 November 2007 until 10 December 2007.
      We would like you to see the Blog/Website that we've created for the DV Act Campaign 2007 in the 16 days of Activism.
  Here is the link: www.dvactupcampaign2007.blogspot.com
  We want as many people as possible to find out about this campaign and join or support the work going on around the DV Act. There will be daily updates, photographs and information about events occurring in 41 districts of Uttar Pradesh
  Do send this link out to your partner organizations, colleagues, friends, etc. so that they can read our blog and know about this campaign too!
  In solidarity,
  The campaign Secretariat team