[16days_discussion] Women'sNet South Africa Activities: Girls Against Violence

jashodhara dasgupta jashodhara at sahayogindia.org
Mon Nov 26 04:39:20 EST 2007

 The 41-district campaign in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh on the
Indian law to protect women from domestic violence (PWDVA 2005) started with
a Press Conference on 23 Nov and a radio talk show on 24 Nov and a play and
reading of feminist poetry on 25 Nov at Lucknow, the state cpaital. Apart
from this there were press briefings, community meetings and signature
campaigns across the state: read latest updates and details at
www.dvactupcampaign2007.blogspot.com - and do forward this mail to friends
and colleagues!

Organizations and networks from 41 districts of Uttar Pradesh are coming
together to campaign on the Domestic Violence Act from 23 November 2007
until 10 December 2007.